Tuesday, June 13, 2006

ageless body timeless mind....possible


I am busy with my life
from dawn to dusk
days just go by
and every day my mirror
is afraid to tell a lie
I grow old and may be bit wiser
but world still seems
an unending riddle
may be the test of wisdom
draped in age old vision
the more I know how little I know
is alone going to help me grow
read a thousand books
all my life
heard millions of tongues preach
entangled in confusions
sometimes utter frustrations.
at the face of it
life seemed an easy game
the worst truth raised its ugly face
what do I really know
about who I really am?
three things that unite us all
baked in hot deserts or drenched in lavish showers
you may be a millionaire or a roadside pauper
inadequacies, desires and death.
no matter how busy I am
or I would be
I share a common destiny.
the whole universe a family
and I saw family as my universe
truth has always been contradictory
and so am I.
we put up a facade for whom ?
who do we try to impress?
who do we try to protect?
we are all murderers
we kill innocence we kill humanity
we kill our souls we kill our essence
we pave ways to trap ourselves
in immortal chains of mortality
losing our sanity

wake up before u sleep eternally
which could be today tomorrow
or the moment you finish reading this!!

why are you so sure, you wont???


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back ...
You make me happy getting back to blog world with this bright wise poetry .. shall u wake me up too
Thank you

Tue Jun 13, 07:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger jac said...

We kill innocence, we kill humanity
We kill souls and we kill endurance
But could we a kill our conscience
I think not.
:)

Tue Jun 13, 09:53:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful words..

Wed Jun 14, 12:22:00 AM 2006  
Blogger meetu said...

mind ;)
you seem to strike right chords with philosophy of life too, have read your poems they too echo some very significant truths.

jac
:)
you are right ,absolutely right

guile ,)
welcome to my blog.thanks for those beautiful words too..

Fri Jun 16, 09:14:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Swetank Gupta said...

Hey! great to see you back. I don't remember if I've left a comment on your blog earlier, but I've been pretty regular over here :)

Again, a really thought provoking poem, something that questions the basic foundations on which we base so many of our actions and the assumptions that we live with.

Keep going. Love your poems :)

Sun Jun 25, 10:05:00 PM 2006  
Blogger iamnasra said...

It seem ages since I was here at your home...The more we grow its not how much we know it seems how little we know about life and trenches

It feels hard to bring the riddle to close and Im here at edge of earth lost by life but Im living it anyways

Be well always and TC

Fri Jul 14, 07:31:00 AM 2006  
Blogger iamnasra said...

It seem ages since I was here at your home...The more we grow its not how much we know it seems how little we know about life and trenches

It feels hard to bring the riddle to close and Im here at edge of earth lost by life but Im living it anyways

Be well always and TC

Fri Jul 14, 07:31:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Animations - dove-02 Animations - cat leaps